Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Williamsburg vacation day 7 (coming home)

Today was check out day. We packed the car the previous evening to make sure this morning wouldn't be stressful. I made pancakes for breakfast and then we headed over to the clubhouse to check out and enjoy a presentation of animals. Busch Gardens brought some members of their zoo team over, along with some neat critters. We grabbed a seat poolside,  and soaked up some sun and neat animal info.

A cute little alligator made an appearance.
Doesn't he look sweet?
And an owl. I just love owls.
This ring tail lemur is an awesome seed spreader. If you don't know what that means I'll give you a hint. It has something to do with poo. ;-) He wanted to prove just how good he was at it too. Sometimes having front row seats isn't the best thing. ;-)
Petting and chatting was in order of course. I have always dreamed of working in a zoo. Wouldn't that be so much fun?!
After the animals and checkout time, we headed back over to historic Williamsburg for an early morning stroll. I came home with the need to buy ivy. Lots of ivy!! I just love how their paths were covered in ivy and not weeds.  Isn't is beautiful?
 Sometimes hanging out at the plant nursery with your mom has perks. The girls got to help water the plants, all the while learning about what they are and what they were used for. 
 We spotted this creature hanging out in the shade.
 Can you smell that? Oh it's the best smell ever!! Horsey aroma...I just can't get enough! These two fellas were very sweet and patient to let my girls love on them to their hearts content. Of course I was dreaming of taking off those harnesses and galloping through the streets of Williamsburg saying, "The red coats are coming, the red coats are coming!!" I know, I know. We weren't in Boston and it wasn't midnight. But wouldn't that be fun? I can just hear the hooves hitting that cobblestone street, and feel the rush of the wind in my hair. For fear of  ending up in those stocks for horse thievery, I settled for just petting them. ;-)
This concluded our Williamsburg vacation. So many memories were made, and I was reminded on how important it is to have fun with your children. To not always be so caught up in responsibilities that you forget to enjoy each other and just laugh. As much as I loved Virginia and all it had to offer, as soon as I saw those West Virginia mountains I almost couldn't contain my joy of coming home. We live in one of the most beautiful places on earth I believe!! Was wishing for a John Denver CD right about then...



No comments:

Post a Comment