Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Things they never tell you when you get glasses...but probably should!


When I promised my Sweet Man I would grow old with him, I didn't think it would happen so fast!

I made us both an eye appointment...you know...because it was February and there just wasn't anything exciting going on. ;-) Totally expected to be told that our vision was great and they would see us back in a few years. Didn't happen. What did happen was a lot of explaining things in rather large words that boiled down to, "As we age our eyes might need a little assistance". I should add that our eye doctor was very careful when he dropped this bomb on me... Apparently we both were in need of some spectacles. Ok. That's cool. Something to accessorize my outfit with. As you can tell I have never needed glasses before, and didn't grasp what a pain this was going to be!

"It might take a little while to adjust they said". That was a little bit of an understatement for sure! It didn't help that the day my glasses came in, I was dealing with a sinus and inner ear infection from...well...you know...somewhere unpleasant! Adjusting? Is that what it's called? Running into things, tripping over junk on the floor because you somehow feel like you're not really a part of your surroundings anymore, dizziness, and nauseousness...this feels a little bit more than 'adjusting'. If this facial bling wasn't so expensive, I'm pretty sure I would toss them out the window for the dog to chew on!

I don't know why, but perhaps it's because the only experience I have had with any type of glasses are the over-sized sun-glassy type, but I somehow feel like no-one can see my eyes when I have them on. Like, I almost didn't do my eye makeup the other day since no-one would be able to see them through these crystal clear lenses. Weird. I know.

And at the end of the day when I take them off I feel like I have accomplished something huge. I kept those things on for at least 2 hours today!...and then I get bummed realizing I am supposed to wear them again tomorrow. :-o





No comments:

Post a Comment