Search This Blog

Friday, December 6, 2013

Adding a touch of homemade to this Christmas... with the help of cranberries.

A rainy day in December is a perfect day for some memory making fun with my sweet kiddos! Today was pretty much all about cranberries...and how many ways we can find to use them! Every year, right after Thanksgiving, you can find fresh cranberries for next to nothing. This year I found some for .25 cents a bag!! This is the time to stock up, people! Last year I bought so many that I canned enough cranberry sauce for last year's holidays...and this year's as well. Perhaps I am a food hoarder?? ;-)

Well, since I was stocked in the canned cranberry department, we decided to look for other ways to utilize this underused fruit. It is a fruit isn't it?

How about White Chocolate Cranberry Blondies??  That sounded pretty yummy! I had already dehydrated some of the cranberries, so that made this even easier! I doubled the recipe, because one batch just isn't enough of anything that tastes delicious!


While the blondies were in the oven we made popcorn and cranberry garlands to decorate our tree.
This craft is messy! I'm pretty sure I will be finding bits and pieces of popcorn for quite awhile!
But it was a lot of fun!

As soon as the rain lets up we are heading out to the woods for some evergreen limbs. We will put them in glass vases that are filled with water and floating cranberries...but first I need to find that vacuum. There is popcorn scattered all over my house!!


No comments:

Post a Comment