One of my all time FAVORITE shows, has to be Jamie at home. Despite the fact that on occasion, Jamie would spout off a word that I might normally find offensive, I loved this show so much I still let the girls watch it. Something about being in an English garden, gathering home grown produce, makes even foul language seem lovely. ;-)
When Jamie actually came to Huntington, WV to film a new show, I just thought that was the coolest thing ever! After the filming of the show was over, the Huntington Kitchen stayed open to offer cooking classes. This past week we were able to attend one of those classes with some fellow home school buddies.
The kids made oven baked fish nuggets. This isn't the exact recipe they used, but it's close.
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup crushed cornflakes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds cod fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cornflakes, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Coat fish with butter-flavored spray, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
A Food Revolution with fish nuggets.
How cool is that?!