Search This Blog

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Honey and Cabins

Yesterday was a beautiful fall day, and very productive! The girls and I spent the day with my Dad helping him out with some chores. First on the agenda was harvesting honey! Such a sweet job...literally!

 Not sure these suits are very figure flattering though. ;-)
 Princess #1 hid in the safety of the enclosed Kubota to observe and take pictures! I think she did a great job!
 Then it was cabin building. Actually we started on the cabin first thing in the morning until the sun came out. Bees like to leave their hives in sunny weather, so we were hoping for a few less bees to be around by the time we got to them. Then it was back to cabin building. 
 We finished most of the front, and I think it is looking awesome!
For school work today? I guess it was all about homesteading. I didn't hear any complaints from the girls...or me! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing day!! The cabin is incredible - what a blessing to be able to create that together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie! Yes, I do feel like "our" project has turned out to be a wonderful blessing! :-)

    ReplyDelete