Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Labeling with Chalk Board Paint

Last week I celebrated my 33rd birthday!! When asked by Sweet Man what I wanted to do for my birthday, I told him I would love it if our little family could volunteer at the work party for Wilderness Christian camp. (the organization I went backpacking with) The whole family agreed that would be a nice way to spend the day...and it was!

When Sweet Man asked what he could buy for me, I knew just what I wanted. My friend was having a moving sale, and I wanted to be able to shop! I just love to shop through other people's 'junk'. This was a lot of fun, and I came home with some really nice items, including some pretty awesome chairs that I can sit and 'stare' in. ;-)

With Mother's day being in the same weekend I also got to shop the local thrift store, and found the neatest little glass canisters for storing food in. After Princess #1 mistook salt for sugar, and made some pretty awful cinnamon toast, I figured making a label on the jars might not be a bad idea.


The Jars were a steal...the chalkboard paint was not! That stuff is so expensive, and I learned that you must prime the jars first...which I did. It took very little paint to make the labels, which has left me looking throughout the house for anything else that might benefit from a little bit of this pricey liquid. Given enough time I just might label EVERYTHING!

This morning when Princess #1 had actual sugar on her toast, she declared that the paint was well worth the cost!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment