Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lickety-Split Poppy Seed Muffins

I am definitely a creature of habit...and my girls know that. Every morning I like to be the first one up, so I can have my devotions, and then just stare. Staring is one of those secrets that moms don't talk about enough. It is so peaceful...and relaxing. I pick different areas of the house each morning, and sit with my coffee and just take in the sites outside my window. If the weather is nice I may even venture outside the house.

Recently my youngest Princess has figured out my routine, and has learned that if she gets up early enough she will have me all to herself. I ask her to get one of her books and read in her head, while I read my bible. But after about the twentieth question I normally give up and read her book to her. ;-)

She has also learned that she might get to help with breakfast...if it is being made. Some days pop tarts and pre-made frozen waffles are on the menu, but today we wanted something different.  Lickety-split lemon poppy seed muffins to be exact!

What you need:
2 cups flour
1 cup honey
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil (could substitute apple sauce)
1 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons poppy seed
grated peel of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon
Bake at 400 for around 12 minutes.
I don't know what's yummier...these muffins, or this Sweet Girl!
I may never get my 'staring time' in again! :-o

No comments:

Post a Comment