Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rotational grazing

I have been reading a lot about rotational grazing in the farming industry, and how much better it is on the land and the animals. Our family watched the movie food inc. several years ago, and have been fans of Polyface farms ever since. I love that they are trying to produce good clean food and heal the land at the same time. It got me thinking what I could do to help bulid up the quality of our land around our house. There are just so many benefits to grazing the land, and then giving it a rest.  It cuts down on mowing and weeds. I stand in awe at one of my blogging friends, and how organized and efficient she is in this area of grazing, and I decided I wanted to give it a try.  Hmm...we sold off all of our big livestock to save time and money....but I still wanted to try this rotational grazing thing. "What to do, what to do? Oh, I know. We have a bunny!"
This might take awhile. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment