Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Art class with Barry Stebbing

Last week the girls and I took a three day art class. This class was about a years worth of art info, crammed into three days. It was fast paced and fun. I learned a lot about art during this class, and a lot about us. I often get the proclamation from families that don't homeschool.."I don't know how you do it!" Well after needing to have the girls dressed, fed and out the door, so early three days in a row..."I don't know how they do it!" Not only is that a pretty big challenge, being away from the house so many days in a row, leaves it a wreck. I would find myself staying up pretty late into the night just making sure we had cleaned and ironed clothes.  If waking up while it was still dark wasn't a shocker enough for the girls, homework was. After sitting through the two and half hour class, they were given several activities to do at home, and return the next morning. When we got home I asked them to go ahead and start on it, and I had to laugh at their response. "Really?? We just had class, why do we have to do more?" Pretty funny stuff. Perhaps they have been spoiled just a wee bit in our homeschooling. Perhaps I am a softy and make things to easy on them. Perhaps I don't like homework either...;-)
Mr. Barry Stebbing instructing the class.
 Learning how to mix primary colors...
 To get secondary colors.
 Art is so much more fun when done with friends!
Many thanks to the homeschooling Mama that organized this event. It was a wonderful opportunity, and I am so glad we were able to participate!

Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.
Thomas Merton 

No comments:

Post a Comment