Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

This I do, for me.......

I posted several days ago, about how we gave the girls their own room. This has not come without, it's ill side effects. One, being the fact that since Hope's new room used to be the dining room, it did not have a door. The first night in her new room we realized some things. With the kids old room being at the back of the house, on the second floor, we were free to move about while the kids were in bed, without them knowing. Sweet Man and I were in the kitchen enjoying our evening snack time, when we heard little feet scooting down the hall. It reminded me of that scene form "How the Grinch Stole Christmas", when Cindy Lou Who, caught the Grinch stuffing all of their food in his sack. With our mouths full and hearts racing, we sputtered out "sweetie, what are you doing?" We knew exactly what she was doing, and apparently so did  she. "I'm having a snack with you", she said. Sweet Man got right to work on re purposing a door from the garage, for her room, the following Saturday.

The other side effect is the morning time. I NEED my alone,quiet time in the morning. I have heard from several people that they aren't able to have this much treasured time. I don't think I would survive without it. I need that reassurance from the Lord, that He is going to be with me throughout the day. That He will work out all the events of the day for our good, to grow us closer to Him and each other. I need to have that time to beg him to give me patience. Patience to not loose it over dirty clothes thrown on the floor, or all the questions. Seriously. I didn't know three little girls could ask so many questions. So when Hope woke up bright and early that first morning, to tell daddy bye, I knew this wouldn't work. I told her it was way too early and she needed to go back to bed. I hadn't had my quiet time yet. She  proceeded to tell me that once she wakes up she can't go back to sleep. "Sure ya can sweetie, just try!" After a few minutes, I felt guilty and went to check on her. She was sound asleep!!! She has slept in everyday since. Shew.....that was close!

Now one of the other things I do for myself is run. There are some days that I feel pretty darn close to being an indentured servant, that came over on the Mayflower, and somehow got stuck in time. There is always food that needs to be shopped for, prepared, and cleaned up. Clothes that need sorting, washing, ironing and put away. At the end of the day, it is just about all I can do, to muster up enough energy to brush my teeth. But I do. I never feel like running. I feel like taking a nap, or eating cookies on the couch, but that would leave crumbs and I would have to vacuum them up. No, I don't really even like running for the actual running part. I like the fact that it is for me. No one else benefits from it other than me. Even with the music from my ipod, I can think clearly. I can actually finish a complete thought...if I want too. Half the time I don't. ;-) I don't have to help someone find some missing article that they didn't put back where it belonged. I don't have to referee whose turn it is with this or that. Yes, even though I don't feel like it, I run. I run, because I get to do this for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment