Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Six years of Hope

This past week has been a whirlwind of activities and responsibilities. So many neat things to blog about, but so little time to do it. One very important event though that can't go without being mentioned, a birthday. A sixth birthday to be exact. My sweet baby turned six on Wednesday April 13th.

I can not believe how much time has gone by. It seems like it was just yesterday that I had a brand new baby that weighed in at 8 pounds 8 oz.  A head full of dark hair and beautiful blue eyes. Sweet Man got to name this precious new addition to our family and he chose the name, Hope Alyssa. I thought it was perfect, for one cannot live without hope ya know. ;-)

When asked what this princess wanted to do to celebrate this wonderful occasion, she said "stay home." :-) I was thrilled. There's no place I would rather be!
Cupcakes were made and decorated.
Flowers were picked to decorate the house.
Tractor rides were a definite must,
 and the sisters were able to join in on this as well! (thank you Sweet Man)
Happy birthday Sweet Heart! You mean the world to us and we love you so much!!! You bring so much joy and laughter to our little family, and we just wouldn't be complete without YOU! You have taught me to enjoy the little things, eat dessert first, to play in the mud every chance you get, to just try harder when someone tells you that you can't do something, and to love on our animals more. You remind me so much of myself when I was your age, which can be a little frightening at times.... :-o...but oh so neat all the other times. We are both the babies of our families, and with that comes a sense of humor for sure. You crack me up all the time and bring sunshine to a gloomy day. Always be yourself, sweet heart, for that is the way God wanted you to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment