Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

So many books, so little time.

I have often been accused (jokingly of course) of not being able to focus on one thing at a time. There are just so many exciting things about life, it is hard to only explorer one thought at a time. This have become evident to me in my quiet morning time reading. I not only have one book that I read from, but several.
There is of course the bible, a book on prayer, two little devotional books and of course the sale flyers. You have to be aware of  what's on sale you know. :-) I think I am going to have to get a bigger coffee cup to accommodate this time a little bit better!

 To add to this little library of morning time reading, a friend has let me borrow her Dave Ramsey book, The total money makeover. Can I just say WOW!? I so wish I had read this books years ago. It is very eye opening how all of those "little" purchases add up and suck the life right out of your bank account. With the help of my working night shift this past winter, and a pretty good size tax return, we are on our way to our Total Money Makeover. I am only half way through the book, but it is amazing the contentment that comes with knowing where you are actually spending your money.

 This is one thing that I think I should slow down and focus more on. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment