Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas decorating

Sunday morning I woke up feeling very much in the Christmas spirit. I did a little Christmas party for the 1st and 2nd grade Sunday School class, which was so much fun. I only had two students though...and they were Princess #2 and#3. What fun that was to hang out with just the two of them and celebrate.

When we came home I was excited to see that out of the four channels we get on our TV, two of them were playing Christmas movies!!! :-) 

After watching several people decorate their houses for the Season, on TV, I decided I wanted to do a little more decorating on our own home. I needed to take a hike though. I asked if anyone wanted to join me, and was secretly a little excited when they all chose to stay inside. ;-) I just love being in the woods alone. I have seriously thought about taking up hunting, just for the fact that I could sit and stare at the scenery for hours on end, and still call it being productive. ;-)

I came home with a bag full of fresh evergreen trimmings. So many trees to choose from. Of course it helps that I planted 800 pine trees the first year we lived here. Oh does that bring back memories. Memories of Sweet Little Princess #1 riding in a baby carrier on my back, mid November, while I dug and plopped trees down all over this place. Oh yeah, back to my original thought....
 I scrounged up as many containers that I could find.
 I made a couple of these...
 and these...
 Oh, and one of these too.
I just love this time of year. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment