Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What do do with all of that leftover ham?!

I was cleaning out my bookcase the other day, and ran upon a cookbook my sister made for me, several Christmases ago. It has a lot of old recipes from our family in it, along with some of her favorites. With it being crammed on a self with many other cookbooks, I had completely forgotten about it.
I was flipping through it yesterday and ran across a baked bean recipe. That seemed like the perfect dish to use up some of this ham we have hanging around after the holidays. It called for soaking navy beans ALL night. It was 10:00 a.m., and I wanted this for lunch! I did not have time for all of that! So I did the next best thing....
To the canned beans I added:
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon mustard
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 onion chopped
chopped ham
1 cup of water
I simmered this on the stove for about an hour and a half or so. The results were so yummy, the after math however, was not :-o

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment