Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ten Years of Grace


Happy birthday to my sweet little Princess. You are ten years old today. I can hardly believe it's true. It seems like just yesterday I was a brand new mom, and trying to figure out what in the world to do with a baby. This week brought up a lot of questions from you. You wanted to know everything about your birth, how much you weighed, etc. Ok, here goes...

Your Daddy and I had planned on having a natural birth, at the birth center in Teays Valley, WV. It did not end up that way, and I have no regrets. There were complications during my labor with you, and an emergency C section had to be performed at Putnam General Hospital. I was put to sleep, and the next thing I knew, I woke up to your grandparents holding you. We both survived...that is what matters. You weighed in at a whopping 7 pounds and 2.5 oz. We won't go into what I weighed in at. :-o Let's just say cookies were my friend during the WHOLE pregnancy! You were 21 inches long and had dark beautiful hair, just like your daddy! Daddy and I were so excited and terrified at the same time! I was 21 and he was 22.

As I look back and try to remember the events of that day, I can't help but wonder what you will remember about this day. Your tenth birthday. Will you remember shopping alone with mommy, to buy the treats for this day? How we held hands walking through the Walmart parking lot. You were holding you new American doll that you had waited for, for two years. I was holding your tiny hand, which keeps growing faster than I want.

Will you remember making little treat bags with me, to give to your sisters and good buddies? Or will it be the memory of helping me decorate one of your cakes? Yes, I said one. You ended up having three different cakes. With a sick sister, things got postponed, and we couldn't let the cakes go to waste. I will be on a diet next week! :-o

Will you remember that on this day, your overprotective mother said that you could finally give up your booster seat? You were so excited to show that your feet finally touched, the floor of the car. You didn't know it, but I saw you smiling from ear to ear, and I knew that you felt like you achieved something really cool!

Will you remember that Mommy and Daddy took you to Billy Bob's Pizza Wonderland? The only place that you said you wanted to go. We had our good friends join us for a day of fun and laughter. They wanted to show you how special you are, so they made your name in Lego's.

Will you remember just how cool your parents were, and that they rocked at Laser tag? Who thought 12 minutes could be that much fun?! 
I am not sure what you will remember about this day. I know that I will remember the mixed emotions I had though. I love to see you growing up and turning into a beautiful young lady, inside and out! I love watching you really think about God in ways, that I still haven't been able to do. How you want to please Him more and more. I love your joy and excitement for new things, and how you can make just about anything fun. I never knew having a ten year old would be this much fun....or come so fast.
I hope you never loose you sense of adventure and wonder, for the things God has made. We love you so much and are very proud of you! Thank you for what you bring to this family!! You truly are a joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment