Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

A wonderful spring day, and a little surprise to go with it!

Today was WONDERFUL! My first full day off from work, since January 15th. I was beside myself with excitement. I couldn't decide what to do with myself. I decided to start the morning off with my devotions and coffee. With having to get myself and the girls dressed and in the car by 8:30 all last week, neither of those two activities were able to be enjoyed. Perhaps that is why everything seemed so overwhelming last week?

Then I decided to finish the painting project I started yesterday. 
It looks white in the picture, but it is actually a light cream. I couldn't remember why I didn't paint lighter colors before. They brighten up the room so much, and add a cheery feeling to the atmosphere.

While the first coat was drying, I thought I would check on the chickens. To my surprise some of our new hens decided this was a great day as well, and to prove it they left a little gift for me! 19 eggs!!
They like bright colors too!

We had our friends meet us in the woods, and since the weather was perfect for playing outside, that is just what they did. They played for hours, not sure exactly what they were doing. I was cleaning my house, with no kids. It was really nice. :-) Don't worry, I poked my head out every once in awhile to make sure all heads were accounted for! :-) Three girls roller bladed with two pairs of skates. :-o
You can't have a spring day without a little creek playing.
And of course, some chicken watching.
 You see this lady? Well she is the bonus hen that the hatchery sent us for buying so many chickens. They described her as being rare and exotic. Well...she is indeed a HE! Thanks so much for the bonus rooster hatchery workers...LOL
Then the children discovered how sticky and cool, our red clay mud is.
 You can mold it and roll it...
 And even put it in a pan!
Oh yeah....now I remember why I didn't paint our house in light colors before. :-o

No comments:

Post a Comment