Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

A fun frugal day

 So many fun things cost money. Lots of money. Money that we don't have. Mike took off work today to be with the girls, so I could go to my Dr. apt alone. It was actually really weird to not be toting three children around with me. I can't really remember the last time that happened. After my apt. I was able to go visit my great aunt for a bit, which was really nice. I was home shortly after noon and the weather was beautiful. Too beautiful to stay in the house. We were left with a free afternoon and nothing to do, and not a whole lot of spending money.

 We have so many neat things to do around Charleston, but I just never take the time to do it. The girls always ask "when can we do ....?", and I always say "someday". Well, today was that someday. We headed to Magic Island to walk around and enjoy the weather. We skipped rocks on the river and looked for treasure that might have washed up on the rocks. If empty bottles and skoal cans are treasure, we hit the mother load. ;-)
While giving Sadie a private lesson on rock skipping she lost control of her rock and it landed, of course, right upside Grace's head. We decided it was time to move on to another attraction.

  We headed over to the Capitol and toured the grounds. We were in awe of the war memorial and how many people lost their lives so we can be free.  Something about seeing all those names in print humbles you, and makes you realize how much you take for granted...well...it did me anyway. We took a tour of the cultural center and thourougly enjoyed their musuem. They even had little crafts for the girls to do and a reading nook for sweet man and I to hang out in while they crafted away. It was a very nice day. Not a productive day, but who wants that anyway? Sometimes you just need to time to hang out and enjoy each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment